This is a fun easy craft for Mother’s Day. You could also do it Grandma and me wooden spoons.
What you’ll need:
- 2 wooden spoons, one larger than the other
- Yarn in your choice of colors
- White craft glue
- Pony beads
- Wiggle eyes
- 2 small pink pom-poms
- Black marker
- Pink and red crayons
- Buttons or pom-poms to decorate clothes
How to make it:
- Take a long piece of yarn and fold it back and forth so that each length touches end to end until you have a small handful. Tie a piece of ribbon in the center. Don’t tie it too tight, just enough to gather it together. Tie into a bow, trim ribbon ends, and cut all the looped ends to create the hair.
- Pipe some glue around the top of the wooden spoon and press the yarn hair onto the “head.”
- Glue on wiggle eyes, a pom-pom for a nose, and use marker to draw on mouth. Use a pink crayon for cheeks and red for Mom’s lipstick.
- To make a necklace for Mom by stringing some pony beads onto a piece of ribbon. Tie around neck of spoon.
- To create the dress, fold the corner of a piece of felt down and place spoon (face down) onto the felt, the folded corner will be the dress’s neckline.
- Fold the felt over one side, then fold the other side over. Glue in place.
- Slide off the spoon and trim the bottom straight to create dress. Slip the spoon back into the felt dress and glue in place.
- Repeat these steps for the child’s spoon as well.
- Decorate the dresses with pom-poms, buttons, and ribbon.
Craft creation -By: Amanda Formaro-Difficulty: Easy-Age: 6 and up
For more information and fun ideas for mother’s day. Check out www.kaboose.com click on Mother’s Day Crafts.